22nd May 2020
Livesafeworksafe# is a new term ERA are getting used to and we hope you are too.
We are pleased to confirm ERA is now back up and running, albeit currently in a reduced capacity as we gradually increase our workforce and service offering with the safety of our team at the forefront of our approach.
Where are we now?
- 40% of our workforce are now back to work, either operating from the offices on i54 Wolverhampton, or working from home.
- One-way systems, temperature checks and safe distancing rules are in place to keep everyone operating safely as our employees return to work.
- You can place orders by email or telephone by calling 01922 270753. We are reviewing daily demands against people resources in order to ensure we are able to deal with customer needs efficiently.
- We are operating safe distancing for our assembly lines to manufacture our MPL’s and balances, which we are proud to say are now made in the UK.
- We have continued to work with suppliers and accept shipments so we have good stock availability to support your business.
- We are working to improve on delivery times – currently 3-5 days – but this is still impacted by staff resources and overwhelmed couriers. We are working hard to improve this.
- We are reviewing demand for online ordering which is currently turned off. If this causes you inconvenience and need to place orders online, please let us know. In the meantime, orders can be placed by calling: 01922 270753.
- If you are using some this time to review your marketing and require any support such as photos, datasheets, videos etc, please contact email@example.com .
You will start to see more of ERA now on social media and other channels as we work to update you regularly on our progress and keep you up to speed on our new product lines, which we have continued to develop and invest in during Lockdown.
Our initial goal was to keep our employees safe and at home. Now, it is to get them back to work as quickly and as safely as possible. This unprecedented situation has been an incredible challenge for us all in learning to live and work under completely new rules and we hope that as a business, you are also coming to terms with new methods of working and are feeling positive about the future.
We very much look forward to working with you and continuing our journey together
29th April 2020
Firstly, we hope that you and your families are safe. Thank you for your continued support during these challenging times. Whist lockdown is continuing, we thought we should share with you how we are working during this time.
As you know, the safety of our team is our first priority. We have implemented a number of changes in our ways of working in order to operate safely, going above and beyond the advice set out by Public Health England, whilst significantly reducing our operations in the interests of the national effort to fight the spread of coronavirus.
This means we are functioning with a small team to manage inbound container deliveries, process orders and provide customer support. We thought it would be helpful to set out what this means for our customers:
- Our Customer Service team is manned by Dawn and Gaynor, who are home working. They are managing the main ERA phone lines and monitoring emails from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm.
- We have a small warehouse team managing inbound and outbound deliveries and therefore you will not always get the normal next day service you are used to. Our current lead times are between 3-5 working days on average;
- Our Smart Security Helpdesk is operated by Sumier and Phil, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. For Technical Support on alarms (ERA and Response Electronics), Door Intercoms or Doorcam, please call 0345 257 2500. If we are not able to answer the call, please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- ERA Everywhere is open for searching products and storing them in the basket facility. However you are unable to use the check-out facility at this time;
- We are planning to restart limited manufacture on our MPL and VS lines from 11th May. This is assuming there will be no changes to the current Government guidelines;
- Our UK Schlegel seals sites have reopened this week, however again with limited capacity. Please note they are operating with extended lead times of approximately six weeks.
We understand that we need to support our loyal customers and want to reassure you that we are trying to match our capacity to changes in demand, increasing resources where necessary. As you know, ERA is very focused on customer service and we are trying to ensure that we manage the needs of the business safely whilst supporting you and ask for your patience and cooperation during this unprecedented time.
We have worked hard since this situation began in January to maintain stock levels and product availability, so that when we all come out of this the other side, we can look forward to working with you again to help you and our industry get back on track.
From all of us in the ERA team, we wish you and your families well. Stay Safe.
During this time, please use the below contact details:
Smart Security Tel : 0345 257 2500
Changes to our ways of working
24th March 2020
With the latest announcement from the UK Government last night, 23rd March 2020, with immediate effect, ERA has begun a process to close all of our UK operations. We will review the situation on a regular basis, but anticipate this will be for a minimum of 3 weeks, taking us to the 14th April 2020. We will communicate again as we approach this date to let you know of our next steps.
ERA sales and warehouse staff are diligently working to get current orders out to customers today and tomorrow, at which time, the business will suspend operations and despatches will stop. There will be no further orders processed after today.
Our E-Commerce site, ERAeverywhere.com, will also stop trading. However, the site will continue to be available to allow you to view products, as well as to select parts for your basket, which you can keep there until we reopen, meaning you can more rapidly place orders.
We will continue to have a team of staff working from home, to take calls or answer questions and our helpdesk support for Smart Security will also continue, albeit in much reduced capacity, so please be patient if you are trying to speak to someone.
We will also have staff on-hand to answer any social media enquiries or concerns.
These are unprecedented times that are impacting everyone far and wide. We have worked hard since this crisis started to ensure continuity of supply. Over the coming weeks, we will be continuing to receive shipments into our warehouse and are therefore confident that we will be well placed to service demand, when we all come out of this on the other side.
Everyone at ERA wishes you and your loved ones well. Stay home and stay safe.
Changes to our ways of working
17th March 2020
With the latest changes to ways of working announced yesterday by the Government for people based in the UK, I wanted to confirm what this will mean for our ERA team and the impact on our customers.
To reiterate, we take the safety and wellbeing of our people very seriously alongside that of our stakeholders. We are also operating to the terms of our business continuity plan. Therefore, plans around ‘social distancing’ are being implemented and the following steps are being taken;
- We will not be receiving visitors to any of our sites for non-essential activity. This will include customer visits and test lab reviews
- All external sales team members are being asked to limit travel and take the necessary precautions if a visit is essential. All planned meetings will be conducted via telephone calls or skype
- We are ensuring anyone who has symptoms or lives with people displaying the Coronavirus symptoms to self-isolate for the directed amount of time
- We are ensuring any member of staff that falls into the category of vulnerable based on underlying health conditions are working from home
- We are implementing a rota-based system in our production, customer services and warehousing teams
What this means for our customers is the following:
- The biggest impact will be our lead-times in order to pick and despatch. Our normal next day service for hardware deliveries may move to a lead time of 48-72 hours based on staffing levels in the warehouse
- We will be conducting any sales opportunity discussions or ongoing business with you mainly via calls and skype
- Our customer services teams may take a little longer to pick up the phone. There is the alternative option of placing orders via ERA Everywhere should you wish – if you do not have access to the online portal and would like a log in, please register via the website on: www.eraeverywhere.com/register or email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact and company details and someone will contact you regarding setup.
We will do our best to uphold the service you are accustomed to with ERA, however we would appreciate your patience given that we are having to adjust our staffing levels to meet the changes outlined. Currently our stock levels remain good and we continue to monitor the situation daily working with any customers where they may be a potential issue in the future.
As I am sure you are aware, the situation remains very fluid and will communicate with you directly if any further changes are needed. I hope you recognise the intention of this communication and understand that we are taking practical steps to support the efforts as outlined by Government. We recognise that this will present some challenges, however we are making every effort to continue business as normal whilst minimising the risks.
If you have any further questions, please route them through your local sales representative so that we can manage the communication flow effectively.
Add your Comment
ERA have the ability to edit and/or delete posts and comments. Links should be relevant to the topics. Please note all comments are subject to review before inclusion.
- 2021 4
- 2020 23
- 2019 27
- 2018 34
- 2017 29
- 2016 34
- 2015 12
- 2014 5
- 2013 1
Subscribe to ERA news
Keep up to date with the latest home security news, products and updates with the ERA home Security newsletter.