ERA Total Security Terms & Conditions
- The ERA Total Security Guarantee is only valid when the following terms and conditions are met in full:
- The ERA Total Security Guarantee registration form has been fully completed online at www.erahomesecurity.com within 14 days of the doors or windows being fitted.
- Or an ERA Total Security Guarantee registration form has been fully completed and delivered to ERA (ERA Total Security, Straight Road, Short Heath, Willenhall, WV12 5RA) within 14 days of the doors or windows being fitted
- Windows and doors must be securely closed (not in night vent position) and locked with the keys provided.
- The benefits of ERA Total Security Guarantee only apply where entry is gained to the property through the failure of an ERA Total Security component covered by The ERA Total Security Guarantee. For a complete list of components covered by the ERA Total Security Guarantee please contact your installer or visit www.erahomesecurity.com.
- This ERA Total Security Guarantee does not cover components from other suppliers that may have been used on the window or door. If you are in any doubt which components used on the window or door are covered by the ERA Total Security Guarantee the homeowner should contact their window or door installer.
- The ERA Total Security products must have been fitted by a registered installer and adjusted according to ERA’s approved fitting instructions. Approved fitting instructions are available upon written request from the above ERA address.
- The ERA Total Security Guarantee will only be valid provided no modification, repair or alteration of the product has been made without our approval.
- Claims are subject to the property being occupied and furnished.
- Claims are subject to the window or door being maintained according to care and maintenance instructions provided by the installer. If not supplied by the installer, a copy of window and door care instructions is available on www.erahomesecurity.com.
- Only one claim per household can be made during the guarantee period.
- Notification of any claim must be made to ERA within 7 days of the break-in. Any supporting documentation must be supplied to ERA within 30 days of the break-in.
- The ERA Total Security Guarantee will be valid for as long as the homeowner continues to live at the registered address or for a period of 10 years from registration, whichever is lessor (i.e. the earliest date). The ERA Total Security Guarantee is non-transferable, therefore it cannot be transferred to a new owner if the property is sold.
- The ERA Total Security Guarantee is applicable to residential properties in the UK and Ireland only. Commercial properties are excluded from this guarantee.
- The decision of the ERA service engineer is final in respect of the above qualifying criteria (i) whether the window/door has been maintained according to care instructions (ii) whether any modification/repair has been made to the window or door and (iii) whether entry has been gained to the property through failure of an ERA Total Security component.
- The guarantee will not apply if the goods have not yet been fully paid for (i.e. there is an outstanding balance for the supply and installation of the windows or doors).
- This guarantee replaces the warranty provided by the general ERA terms and conditions of sale (available on request).
Replacement of the Window or Door and Payment of £5,000 Inconvenience Payout
- To claim these two benefits after a break-in the following conditions must be met:
- The homeowner must contact their installer within 7 days of the break in to notify them of a claim.
- The homeowner must submit a written claim to ERA Total Security (claim form available on request) within 7 days of the break in, including a crime reference number.
- ERA will send a service engineer within 10 working days of receiving the claim form to visit the property and assess which components failed on the window or door during the break-in. The homeowner must provide access and cooperation in order for the service engineer to assess the claim, between Monday - Friday in the hours of 9:00 – 17:00.
- If on investigation it is found that ERA Total Security products were correctly fitted, adjusted and maintained, but that one of these components failed during the break-in, we will then issue the following payments within 30 days of the claim being approved:
- a) Confirmation to the original window and door supplier (or equivalent) to contribute to the remake and installation of a replacement window or door caused by the break-in. This amount will be paid by ERA directly to the window and door supplier.
b) A £5,000 cheque (or equivalent) sent to the registered householder to compensate for the inconvenience of the break-in.
c) If the homeowner had the ERA Invincible SmartHome Alarm fitted at the time of the break-in, the guarantee registration form confirms this to be the case, at the time of the break-in the alarm was operational, a window/ door magnetic was active on the effected window or door and the alarm was set to arm (access must be given for ERA to confirm date and time in the Alarm’s internal log); then the above compensation payment will increase to £10,000. This payment will be sent by cheque (or equivalent) to the registered householder to compensate for the inconvenience of the break-in.
- If the break in to the property is judged to have occurred due to the failing of any other component on the window or door (for example broken glass, a broken PVCu panel) none of the above benefits will be paid.
Any queries concerning this guarantee should be made in writing to ERA Home Security Ltd, Straight Road, Short Heath, Willenhall, West Midlands. WV12 5RA, or by calling: 01922 490049.
- Total Security
- Register your Total Security Guarantee
- How to make a claim?
- Terms and Conditions
- Register your ERA Cylinder
Subscribe to ERA news
Keep up to date with the latest home security news, products and updates with the ERA home Security newsletter.