Coronavirus Update - Changes to our ways of working
Changes to our ways of working
24th March 2020
With the latest announcement from the UK Government last night, 23rd March 2020, with immediate effect, ERA has begun a process to close all of our UK operations. We will review the situation on a regular basis, but anticipate this will be for a minimum of 3 weeks, taking us to the 14th April 2020. We will communicate again as we approach this date to let you know of our next steps.
ERA sales and warehouse staff are diligently working to get current orders out to customers today and tomorrow, at which time, the business will suspend operations and despatches will stop. There will be no further orders processed after today.
Our E-Commerce site, ERAeverywhere.com, will also stop trading. However, the site will continue to be available to allow you to view products, as well as to select parts for your basket, which you can keep there until we reopen, meaning you can more rapidly place orders.
We will continue to have a team of staff working from home, to take calls or answer questions and our helpdesk support for smartware will also continue, albeit in much reduced capacity, so please be patient if you are trying to speak to someone.
We will also have staff on-hand to answer any social media enquiries or concerns.
These are unprecedented times that are impacting everyone far and wide. We have worked hard since this crisis started to ensure continuity of supply. Over the coming weeks, we will be continuing to receive shipments into our warehouse and are therefore confident that we will be well placed to service demand, when we all come out of this on the other side.
Everyone at ERA wishes you and your loved ones well. Stay home and stay safe.
Changes to our ways of working
17th March 2020
With the latest changes to ways of working announced yesterday by the Government for people based in the UK, I wanted to confirm what this will mean for our ERA team and the impact on our customers.
To reiterate, we take the safety and wellbeing of our people very seriously alongside that of our stakeholders. We are also operating to the terms of our business continuity plan. Therefore, plans around ‘social distancing’ are being implemented and the following steps are being taken;
- We will not be receiving visitors to any of our sites for non-essential activity. This will include customer visits and test lab reviews
- All external sales team members are being asked to limit travel and take the necessary precautions if a visit is essential. All planned meetings will be conducted via telephone calls or skype
- We are ensuring anyone who has symptoms or lives with people displaying the Coronavirus symptoms to self-isolate for the directed amount of time
- We are ensuring any member of staff that falls into the category of vulnerable based on underlying health conditions are working from home
- We are implementing a rota-based system in our production, customer services and warehousing teams
What this means for our customers is the following:
- The biggest impact will be our lead-times in order to pick and despatch. Our normal next day service for hardware deliveries may move to a lead time of 48-72 hours based on staffing levels in the warehouse
- We will be conducting any sales opportunity discussions or ongoing business with you mainly via calls and skype
- Our customer services teams may take a little longer to pick up the phone. There is the alternative option of placing orders via ERA Everywhere should you wish – if you do not have access to the online portal and would like a log in, please register via the website on: www.eraeverywhere.com/register or email: email@example.com with your contact and company details and someone will contact you regarding setup.
We will do our best to uphold the service you are accustomed to with ERA, however we would appreciate your patience given that we are having to adjust our staffing levels to meet the changes outlined. Currently our stock levels remain good and we continue to monitor the situation daily working with any customers where they may be a potential issue in the future.
As I am sure you are aware, the situation remains very fluid and will communicate with you directly if any further changes are needed. I hope you recognise the intention of this communication and understand that we are taking practical steps to support the efforts as outlined by Government. We recognise that this will present some challenges, however we are making every effort to continue business as normal whilst minimising the risks.
If you have any further questions, please route them through your local sales representative so that we can manage the communication flow effectively.
Add your Comment
ERA have the ability to edit and/or delete posts and comments. Links should be relevant to the topics. Please note all comments are subject to review before inclusion.
- 6 2020
- 27 2019
- 34 2018
- 29 2017
- 34 2016
- 12 2015
- 5 2014
- 1 2013
ERA quick links
- ERA Total Security
- Mechanical Security
- Smart Security
- Security Advice
- Ask an ERA Expert
- ERA Blog
- Register your ERA Professional Cylinder Keys
Subscribe to ERA news
Keep up to date with the latest home security news, products and updates with the ERA home Security newsletter.
With the latest announcement from the UK Government last night, 23rd March 2020, with immediate...