ERA Anti-Snap Guarantee Terms and Conditions
ERA 3* High Security Cylinder (“Cylinder”)
The ERA Five Year Anti-Snap Guarantee is only valid when the following terms and conditions are met in full:
You must register your Cylinder with us within 30 days of purchasing it or from its installation within a door. The registration form must be fully completed and submitted online at or if you do not have access to the online form, you must provide the required information to us by calling 01922 490050. Once registered, you will be sent a guarantee certificate by email which you must keep in a safe place. This certificate will contain a guarantee number that you will need in the event of a claim.
This guarantee is only available to consumers. It is not available to trade purchasers. This does not affect your statutory rights.
About our guarantee
If unauthorised entry to your property is gained within 5 years of the date the Cylinder was purchased or installed, directly as a result of the Cylinder being snapped, we will pay you up to the first £1,000 of your uninsured loss in accordance with the terms of this guarantee, or for the Sold Secure cylinder product, we will pay you up to the first £2,000 of your uninsured loss in accordance with the terms of this guarantee.
The guarantee will not apply where entry to your property is gained by other means of entry, such as drilling or bumping the Cylinder, or as a result of the Cylinder, glass or door being damaged by tools (e.g. angle grinder, hammer or other tools) allowing access to the property. For more information, please refer to the section What exclusions are there?
The guarantee is provided solely for your benefit and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
The guarantee period will end immediately upon you ceasing occupation of the property where the Cylinder was installed.
How to make a claim
You must contact us within 72 hours of unauthorised entry gained to your property as a result of the being Cylinder snapped, via email to email@example.com and provide the following information:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- A contact telephone number and email address;
- Your guarantee registration number (this can be found on your guarantee registration certificate);
- Date and time of the incident, the crime number allocated to you when you report the incident to the police; and
- Where available, a copy of the police report concerning the incident.
We will not consider or allow any claim that is made more than 72 hours after the Cylinder was defeated.
Once your claim has been registered, we will contact you to organise the Freepost return of the Cylinder for us to examine. You must ensure that when returning the Cylinder to us, you include your guarantee registration number and your contact details.
If, following an examination of the Cylinder, we are satisfied that it has been defeated, solely as a result of it being snapped, we will ask you to send us documentary evidence of the uninsured losses you have incurred. Any supporting documentation must be supplied to ERA within 30 days of the claim. This evidence will need to consist of details of any uninsured losses from the property where the Cylinder was installed together with proof of purchase (where applicable).
Consideration and payment of your claim
If we are satisfied that the documentary evidence supports your claim, we will, at our absolute discretion, pay you up to the first £1,000 or first £2,000 when a Sold Secure product is fitted, of your uninsured loss in accordance with the terms of this guarantee. The payment will be made to you as soon as reasonably practicable either by BACS or cheque. We will not make a payment to any person, other than the person who registered the Cylinder with us.
We shall not be liable to compensate in respect of any incidental, consequential, or indirect loss, or any losses suffered by any third person.
We reserve the right to deny your claim or any aspect of it if we are of the absolute opinion that any of the losses you have claimed are not reasonable or proportionate.
You are only allowed to claim for the personal possessions of permanent residents, that are stolen from the property. This does not apply to buildings of multiple occupancy or any other third-party possessions. We will be entitled to apply a reasonable depreciation percentage or figure to any claim for stolen possessions where the item is in excess of 6 months old. If you cannot provide proof of purchase, your claim for the loss of that item shall be excluded entirely.
The ERA representative’s decision, in regard to the claim, is final.
- You fail to register your purchase of the Cylinder within 30 days of its purchase.
- You fail to bring your claim within 72 hours of the Cylinder being defeated through snapping;
- Damage to the Cylinder caused by something other than by snapping;
- The Cylinder was snapped with your permission e.g. by a locksmith;
- The Cylinder was snapped by a member of the emergency services (fire, ambulance, police etc);
- The Cylinder was not maintained and installed in accordance with our instructions;
- The Cylinder must have been fitted with the external side of the Cylinder (denoted by the engraving of ‘EXT’ on the Cylinder itself) correctly facing the outside face of the door
- Damage caused to the Cylinder wilfully or as a result of your negligence;
- Any modifications or changes are made to the Cylinder;
- The Cylinder has only ever been operated with genuine ERA keys;
- Any damage to the Cylinder which is purely aesthetic;
- Fair wear and tear; or ailing to have the Cylinder repaired where it was apparent that a repair was necessary to maintain the full operation of the Cylinder;
- Claims are subject to the property being occupied and furnished;
- Only one claim per household can be made during the guarantee period;
- The guarantee is applicable to residential properties in the UK only;
- Commercial properties are excluded from this guarantee.
Which laws apply to this guarantee?
The terms of this guarantee are governed by English law and you can bring proceedings in respect of it to the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the guarantee to either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the guarantee to either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Any queries concerning this guarantee should be made in writing to ERA Home Security Ltd, Valiant Way, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV9 5GB, or by calling: 01922 490049.
Updated April 2022.
- Total Security
- Register your Total Security Guarantee
- How to make a claim?
- Terms and Conditions
- Register your ERA Cylinder
Subscribe to ERA news
Keep up to date with the latest home security news, products and updates with the ERA home Security newsletter.