In today’s world, terror isn’t a distant menace, it can strike at the heart of our communities – schools, workplaces, bars and restaurants.
The public is being educated to run, hide, tell. ERA LockDown can quickly secure the door to a hiding place, buying precious time before the security services arrive.
Tested to PAS24 impact resistance standards and simple to fit, even under pressure, ERA LockDown is available in single and double door configurations.
It’s frightening to think we need a product like LockDown in today’s society but when you look at the statistics, the threat is hard to ignore.
- 142 failed, foiled and completed terrorist attacks occurred in the EU
- 1002 people werearrested
- 142 victims died. More than half (76) of them died in the UK.
- There were 5 terror attacks in the UK in 2017, with 76 people dying
Source: 2017 EU Terrorism Report
- UK’s status has been raised to critical; an attack is imminent and could strike anywhere, anytime.
- The public are advised to be alert. National Counter Terrorism Security Office (NACTSO) have updated their safety advice for employers:
- Guidance released on recognising a terrorist threat
- Guidelines suggest using secondary devices for invacuation procedures. (locking occupants in a room safely from an external threat)
- Government promotes RUN HIDE TELL – proposing when hiding, use a barricade where possible
ERA Lockdown allows for fast and easy deployment of an emergency barricade, proven to meet PAS 24 Impact resistance standards.
What is LockDown?
The ERA Lockdown is a free standing security barricade device that can be deployed in an emergency situation in seconds, keeping occupants safe inside and the threat out. It works completely independently, so a room without locks can still be secured.
Lockdown is also ideal as a secondary solution to lock down a door at speed, buying time. Locating keys and locking a door isn't necessarily an easy task in an emergency situation.
Eivind Mangset, Department of Product Design at Norwegian University of Science and Technology, established through research, that motor skills, judgement and overall performance are compromised in a high stress, time pressured situation.
- Fast and easy to deploy emergency barricade device
- Suitable for inward and outward swinging single doors up to 1100mm wide, or double doors up to 60mm thick
- Securely locks to protect a room and occupants from outside entry
- Free standing lightweight device; can easily be transferred to another access point
- Tested to PAS24 Impact Resistance Standards
- Includes wall fixings for fast access
Remember . . .
- Escape if you can
- Consider the safest options
- Is there a safe route? RUN if not HIDE
- Can you get there without exposing yourself to greater danger?
- Insist others leave with you
- Leave belongings behind
- If you cannot RUN, HIDE
- Find cover from gunfire
- If you can see the attacker, they may be able to see you
- Cover from view does not mean you are safe, bullets go through glass, brick, wood and metal
- Find cover from gunfire e.g. substantial brickwork / heavy reinforced walls
- Be aware of your exits
- Try not to get trapped
- Be quiet, silence your phone and turn off vibrate
- Lock / barricade yourself in:
- LockDown deploys quickly as a barricade to doors without locks or as a secondary device
- Buys precious time and secures occupants from outside threat.
- Can also be removed quickly to allow entry to police or outside help
- Move away from the door:
- Lockdown has been tested to PAS24 Impact Resistance Standards – you can deploy and move away
Call 999 - What do the police need to know? If you cannot speak or make a noise listen to the instructions given to you by the call taker
- Location - Where are the suspects?
- Direction - Where did you last see the suspects?
- Descriptions – Describe the attacker, numbers, features, clothing, weapons etc.
- Further information – Casualties, type of injury, building information, entrances, exits, hostages etc.
- Stop other people entering the building if it is safe to do so
ERA quick links
- FREE Home Security Survey
- ERA Total Security
- Security Advice
- Ask an ERA Expert
- ERA Blog
- Register your ERA Professional Cylinder Keys
Subscribe to ERA news
Keep up to date with the latest home security news, products and updates with the ERA home Security newsletter.