ERA Five Star Terms and Conditions
The ERA Five Star Guarantee is only valid when these terms and conditions are met in full:
- The ERA Five Star Guarantee registration form has been fully completed online at www.erahomesecurity.com, within 14 days of the doors or windows being fitted
- Or an ERA Five Star Guarantee registration form has been fully completed and delivered to ERA (ERA Five Star Freepost RSCU-BXYK-CYEB, ERA Five Star, Straight Road, Short Heath, Willenhall, WV12 5QY) within 14 days of the doors or windows being fitted
- Windows and doors must be securely closed ( not in night vent position) and locked with the keys provided
- The benefits of the ERA Five Star Guarantee only apply where entry is gained to the property through the failure of a component covered by The ERA Five Star Guarantee. For a complete list of components covered by the ERA Five Star Guarantee please contact your installer or visit: www.erahomesecurity.com. This ERA Five Star Guarantee does not cover components from other suppliers that may have been used on the window or door. If you are in any doubt which components used on the window or door are covered by the ERA Five Star Guarantee the homeowner should contact their window or door installer
- The ERA Five Star products must have been fitted by a registered installer and adjusted according to ERA Five Star’s approved fitting instructions. A list of approved installers is available online at www.erahomesecurity.com. Approved fitting instructions are available upon written request from the above ERA address
- The ERA Five Star Guarantee will only be valid providing no modification, repair or alteration of the product has been made without our approval
- Claims are subject to the property being occupied and furnished
- Claims are subject to the window or door being maintained according to care and maintenance instructions provided by the installer. If not supplied by the installer, a copy of window and door care instructions is available on request from the above ERA address.
- Only one claim per household can be made during the guarantee period
- Notification of any claim must be made to ERA within 7 days of the break-in. Any supporting documentation must be supplied to ERA within 30 days of the break-in
- The ERA Five Star Guarantee will be valid for as long as the home owner continues to live at the registered address or for a period of 10 years from registration, whichever is less or (i.e. the earliest date). The ERA Five Star Guarantee is non-transferable, therefore it cannot be transferred to a new owner if the property is sold.
- The ERA Five Star Guarantee is applicable to residential properties in the UK and Eire only. Commercial properties are excluded from this guarantee.
- The decision of the ERA service engineer is final in respect of the above qualifying criteria
(i) whether the window/door has been maintained according to care instructions
(ii) whether any modification/repair has been made to the window or door and
(iii) whether entry has been gained through failure of an ERA Five Star component
- The guarantee will not apply if the goods have not yet been fully paid for (i.e. there is an outstanding balance for the supply and installation of the windows or doors)
- This guarantee replaces the warranty provided by the general ERA terms and conditions of sale (available on request). ERA Five Star Guarantee Terms & Conditions
Home Insurance Saving
- To access the opportunity of reduced home insurance premiums, the home owner must ‘opt-in’ to be contacted by our preferred home insurance broker at the time of registration. The home owner will do this by ticking the box marked “I want to be contacted to see if I can save money on my home insurance” and fill in the “Home Insurance Renewal Date” field on the on line registration form. The contact details will be held in confidence by Gallagher Heath and only used once to contact the homeowner regarding their home insurance renewal. The details will not be passed on to any other organization.
24/7 Call Out Service –Tel: 0800 083 3442
- The 24/7 call out service to secure the property following a break in is only valid where a homeowner has been broken in to via forced entry through a window or door covered by the ERA Five Star Guarantee. If the home owner uses this 24/7 call out service to secure their property for any other reason, ERA reserve the right to pass on the costs of this service to the registered homeowner.
Payment of Home Insurance Excess; Repair or Replacement of the Window or Door; and £1000 Inconvenience Payout to claim these three benefits after a break-in the following conditions must be met:
- The homeowner must contact their installer within 7 days of the break-in to notify them of a claim
- The homeowner must submit a written claim to ERA Five Star within 7 days of the break-in, including a Crime Reference Number
- ERA will send a service engineer within 10 working days of receiving the claim form to visit the property and assess which components failed on the window or door during the break-in. The home owner must provide access and cooperation in order for the service engineer to assess the claim, between Monday - Friday in the hours of 9:00 – 17:00
- If on investigation it is found that components covered by the ERA Five Star Guarantee were correctly fitted, adjusted and maintained, and one of these components failed during the break-in, we will issue the following payments within 30 days of the claim being approved:
a) Up to £1,000 to the homeowner to refund the home insurance excess paid by the homeowner for any contents insurance claim related to the break-in. To claim this benefit the homeowner must provide a copy of the insurance claim form, plus a copy of a payment receipt showing their payment of the insurance excess. This amount will then be reimbursed via a cheque sent to the homeowner, up to a maximum of £1,000
b) Up to £1,000 to the original window and door supplier (or equivalent) to contribute to there make and installation of a replacement window or door, or repair of the damaged window or door caused by the break-in. This amount will be paid by ERA directly to the window and door supplier
c) A £1,000 cheque sent to the registered householder to compensate for the inconvenience of the break-in
- If the break in to the property is judged to have occurred due to the failing of any other component on the window or door (for example broken glass, a broken PVC panel) none of the above benefits will be paid.
Any queries concerning this guarantee should be made in writing to ERA Five Star, Straight Road, Short Heath, Willenhall, West Midlands WV12 5RA, or by calling: 0800 883 3302
ERA Five Star
- Register your ERA Five Star Guarantee
- What to do in an emergency
- Eligible Products
- Terms and Conditions
ERA quick links
- ERA Total Security
- Mechanical Security
- Smart Security
- Security Advice
- Ask an ERA Expert
- ERA Blog
- Register your ERA Professional Cylinder Keys
Subscribe to ERA news
Keep up to date with the latest home security news, products and updates with the ERA home Security newsletter.