How to measure your security handle
To further enhance security and provide a visual deterrent you may also wish to fit a security handle, which completely eliminates the risk of your cylinder being compromised.
Combine with a secure cylinder that clearly shows the BS Kitemark.
A video demonstrating this can be found in the ‘how to’ section of the website.
Step 1 : Door type
For different door materials it’s common to need different screw and spindle lengths to accompany the handle (these are normally provided in the pack).
Generally for timber, composite and 60mm PVCu doors the 44mm screws and spindle is used; and for 70mm PVCu doors the 70mm screws and spindle.
Step 2: Measuring
When fitting a security handle please measure out the screw holes as shown in the diagram below:
Dimension A : Centre (92 mm Pz)
Measured from the centre of the keyhole/ cylinder to the centre of the spindle hole (centre of the lever).
Dimension B : Screw holes
Measured from the centre of the bottom screw hole to the centre of the top screw hole.
Dimension C : Backplate
Thickness of backplate.
Step 3 : Select and Installation
A useful video guide for installation is available in the ‘How to’ section of the ERA Expert website.
- Are you home improving?
- Keeping your home safe
- Are you moving home?
- Sheds Garages and Gates
- General Security
- Window Security
- How do I secure my door?
- What locks do I have - PVCu
- How do I maintain my doors?
- How to change a Mortice Lock
- How to change a door cylinder
- Buying a new door - What can you do?
- What locks do I have? Timber Doors
- How to measure your security handle
- How to change a Nightlatch cylinder
- What locks do I have? Door Accessories
- How to choose and change your cylinder
- How to change a door cylinder and handle
- End of Life
- Decommissioning Products
- Decommissioning Your App Account
- Vulnerability Disclosure
ERA quick links
- ERA Total Security
- Mechanical Security
- Smart Security
- Security Advice
- Ask an ERA Expert
- ERA Blog
- Register your ERA Professional Cylinder Keys
Subscribe to ERA news
Keep up to date with the latest home security news, products and updates with the ERA home Security newsletter.
With the latest announcement from the UK Government last night, 23rd March 2020, with immediate...