Technical Product Manager
Technical Product Manager
We are seeking an experienced Technical Product Manager to join ERA and drive on-time delivery of positively differentiated products, and continuous improvement of the organisation’s technical expertise.
What you’ll be doing:
- To support the advancement of the organisation’s safety culture, taking appropriate consideration for, and seeking improvements to the safety aspects of work activity.
- Drive the effective delivery of identified new product development, value engineering, application and engineering change projects within the designated product category.
- Coordinate key project activities with relevant stakeholder functions, including but not limited to RFQ management, supersession planning, packaging, launch plans & marcoms & forecasting.
- Develop product project requirements, including technical, feature, application, legislative and sustainability specifications.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of end user, installer and fabricator needs, translating these requirements into product development specifications.
- Create and evolve a detailed analysis of competitor product & service solutions, identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Identify and develop the necessary resources, and provide appropriate training to ensure that appropriate teams are suitably equipped to technically support and promote the relevant product category.
- Provide a point of escalation and resolution for product category technical product enquiries and evaluation of application opportunities.
- Represent the business at industry body events, as required, monitoring and evaluating developments within industry legislation, codes of conduct testing and product standards, identifying threats and opportunities.
- Support the delivery of the organisation’s PIM project and ensure the ongoing accuracy and completeness of product data and resources.
What we’re looking for:
- A demonstrable capability to navigate and develop a deep understanding of the market requirements of a product category.
- Capability to identify and mitigate risks to achievement.
- Excellent oratory and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable critical and analytical thinking capability, and problem solving
Here at Tyman UK and Ireland, our purpose is to transform the security, comfort, and sustainability of living and working spaces through our expert touch. Tyman UK and Ireland is one of three divisions within the Tyman Group which has over 4000 employees globally and facilities in 17 countries.
Based in the heart of the West Midlands ERA is a key part of the Tyman UK and Ireland Group .Our job is simple - develop window and door hardware that stands out from the rest while giving the fabricator, installer and homeowner clear benefits.
We believe the employment relationship is two-way, so from us you can expect a professional and safe working environment where teamwork is paramount. We are really looking for someone who is currently operating at this level in a similar role, however, linked to our value of ‘never stop growing’ we are open to individuals who may be looking for their next career opportunity