Product Certification Engineer
Product Certification Engineer
We are seeking a Product Certification Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team at ERA, Wolverhampton.
As Certification Engineer you will ensure continuity of regulatory and certification compliance of products and efficiently manage the compliance process for new product introductions.
What you'll be doing:
- Promote and maintain compliance with procedural requirements and best practice for safety, health and environmental factors associated with compliance operations.
- Development and management of ERA product certifications including CE marking, Kitemark and Certifire product schemes, and cascadeable door and window testing evidence.
- Provide a point of subject matter expertise to guide and advise business teams on the application and implication of product standards, regulations and directives.
- Effectively manage the compliance and certification process for new products, providing the relevant requirements guidance and scope at project conception, through to final product approvals.
- Develop and maintain all certification documentation. Maintaining proper records, certification files and documentation control procedures.
- Coordinate with test and certification partners during the execution of compliance test programs to demonstrate compliance and obtain reports/certifications
- Organise and participate in certification related internal and external audits
- Maintain product marking systems, registers, declarations of conformity
- Assist commercial, engineering and product teams with customer issues related to non-compliance, tender proposals/responses and conformity assessment
- Constantly research the regulatory environment and provide timely communication and consultation to enable Tyman UK and Ireland
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience of effectively managing a portfolio of product certifications.
- The ability to build proactive relationships with regulatory and certification bodies.
- A proven capability to monitor and assess the implications of new and changing regulations and standards and communicate these to key stakeholders and manage the business’s preparedness.
- Proficient with standard IT systems including the MS Office Suite
- The capability to read and interpret technical drawings and test reports.
Here at Tyman UK and Ireland, our purpose is to transform the security, comfort, and sustainability of living and working spaces through our expert touch. Tyman UK and Ireland is one of three divisions within the Tyman Group which has over 4000 employees globally and facilities in 17 countries.
Based in the heart of the West Midlands ERA is a key part of the Tyman UK and Ireland Group .Our job is simple - develop window and door hardware that stands out from the rest while giving the fabricator, installer and homeowner clear benefits.
We believe the employment relationship is two-way, so from us you can expect a professional and safe working environment where teamwork is paramount. We are really looking for someone who is currently operating at this level in a similar role, however, linked to our value of ‘never stop growing’ we are open to individuals who may be looking for their next career opportunity.