We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Technician to join ERA, Wolverhampton.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure a flexible and common sense approach to Health and Safety
- Agree performance standards for the job role and prepare working procedures and Safe Systems of Work, where appropriate
- Ensure spares are readily available, reducing downtime on machine
- Prioritise repairs, breakdowns and planned preventative maintenance and coordinate the daily/weekly activities.
- Maintain equipment failure contingency plans, coordinate rehearsals with affected parties and be prepared to work in a flexible manner to ensure failures or breakdowns are rectified as quickly as possible.
- Identify process improvements from the analysis of manufacturing KPIs.
- Fill out all contractors packs that are needed before they start work and share with them our health and safety procedures and no smoking policy/ fire assembly points.
- Test fire alarms, assist insurance inspectors when on site and around plant
- Complete all permits to work and file accordingly.
- Hold COSHH information for all site substances and ensure they are marked up accordingly.
- Assist in waste operations implementing and Health and Safety Management system.
What we’re looking for:
- Automated machinery background
- Manufacturing background essential.
- Good communicator.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the business
- Ability to perform controlled time management.
- Mechanical engineering background
- Level 3 Electrical Engineering
Here at Tyman UK and Ireland, our purpose is to transform the security, comfort, and sustainability of living and working spaces through our expert touch. Tyman UK and Ireland is one of three divisions within the Tyman Group which has over 4000 employees globally and facilities in 17 countries.
Based in the heart of the West Midlands ERA is a key part of the Tyman UK and Ireland Group .Our job is simple - develop window and door hardware that stands out from the rest while giving the fabricator, installer and homeowner clear benefits
We believe the employment relationship is two-way, so from us you can expect a professional and safe working environment where teamwork is paramount. We are really looking for someone who is currently operating at this level in a similar role, however, linked to our value of ‘never stop growing’ we are open to individuals who may be looking for their next career opportunity.